Jobs for 15 year olds
There are plenty of jobs for 15 year olds, but which one would suit you?
The are the traditional jobs that 15 year olds do, such as delivering newspapers, working as a babysitter, acting / performing or working for your parents.
Other jobs might include a job within the retail or hospitality sectors or you could also find a job working for various venues.
When you get older you can also get work in other areas. For other ideas please see:
Part time jobs for 15 year olds
There are a wide variety of part time jobs for 15 year olds, especially if you are seen as a trustworthy and responsible young person.
- Local leisure facilities may need staff, which includes zoos, aquariums, museums, parks and recreational areas.
- Cinemas employ a variety of young people.
- Tourist venues may provide seasonal jobs, particularly amusement, theme and entertainment parks.
- Sporting facilities, including golf courses, campground facilities and swimming pools.
Retail / hospitality jobs that hire 15 year olds
- Hotels and resorts require waiting staff, kitchen porters, dishwashers, etc.
- Fast food restaurants, bistros and cafes may provide jobs for 15 year olds, including clearing tables and washing up.
- Grocery stores and supermarkets may employ 15 year olds on Saturdays and during school holidays, including working as cashiers, packers, trolley/cart attendants and shelf stackers.
- Deliveries on foot or by bike may be needed by local stores and pharmacies.
Other organisations with jobs for 15 year olds
- Paper rounds are very popular options for 15 year olds that don't mind getting up early.
- Care homes for the elderly often need unskilled young people who are energetic and caring.
- Packing and moving companies may require young people who are strong and don't mind hard physical work.
Self-employed jobs for 15 year olds
- Window or car washing will always be in demand. You could start by doing your neighbours windows or car.
- Dog walking is an easy way to make money. Dog owners who are away a lot or work full-time or who go away on holiday are all potential clients.
- Mowing lawns for your relatives or neighbours is another source of cash.
- Babysitting is a good part-time job for 15 year olds, because it can be fitted around your schooling. You could start with babysitting for relatives or neighbours.
- House sitting during your school holidays is another way to make money.
Online jobs for 15 year olds
There are a wide range of online jobs for 15 year olds. Some have set up and created a successful business, but for most 15 years an online job mean completing surveys and getting paid for it. A lot of companies that sell and market products to young people need to conduct market research and are happy to pay young people to get their opinion on a wide range of products and services aimed specifically at this target market.
Some job placements are available to 15 year olds, either from your own school or through a local careers office. Most of these opportunities are unpaid, what you get out of it is work experience rather than a paid salary.
How to locate suitable jobs for 15 year olds
- Firstly you need to identify all the possible local employers in your area. You can telephone them an enquire if they employ people of your age, or you can personally call in. Make sure that you dress smartly if you are personally visiting them and always be courteous to all staff.
- If you want to provide a specific service yourself , for example babysitting or car washing, then it might help to prepare a leaflet with brief details on it. You can give this to your neighbours, preferably giving them an additional copy or two, so they can give a spare copy to other people.
- You can speak to your school's careers office about placements or summer jobs.
- Take a look at online job sites for jobs in your area.
- There are a wide range of advice sites and chat rooms for young people. Some of these sites may be of use to you. Try typing in 'jobs for 15 year olds' or 'teen jobs' and see what comes up.
- You could also try any local careers office or service that is offered for teenagers. They should have good contacts with local employers and should therefore know who you should approach.
- Always remember to be patient – it may take a while for you to find a job that is suitable for you.
Employment law relating to 15 year olds
Employment law for 15 year olds is fairly strict, as it is important that your education is not affected by work.
For further UK information please see: https://www.gov.uk/child-employment/minimum-ages-children-can-work
For further US information please see: http://youthrules.dol.gov/
- FREE Reports: How to Dramatically Improve Your CV / Resume; How to Get a Big Pay Rise; Job Hunting Secrets Revealed.
- Want to improve your CV? Professional CV writing services can substantially improve your chances of securing a job interview
- Free CV distribution to over 1800 top UK recruiters
- Recruitment agency finder UK
- Advertised jobs
- Letter writing
- Example advert and letter
- Job Agencies
- Speculative letters
- How to Network
- Access 100,000+ jobs on our Job Sites section
- Jobs for 16 year olds
- Archaeology and jobs
- Jobs for 13 year olds
- Employment & recruitment agencies
- UK employment agencies
- Jobs for 14 year olds
- Jobs available in my area
- Jobs for 15 year olds
- Jobs in my area
- Jobs for 16 year old
- Jobs that require travel
- Jobs for a 16 year old
- Job vacancies at Heathrow Airport
- Part time jobs for 16 year olds
- Job hunting methods