Finding and Winning the Best Jobs on www.tiptopjob.com
This is a job board that contains details of UK-based jobs and global vacancies; it is part of a worldwide network in 83 countries covering 35 industry sectors.
The website was launched in 2002, so is clearly here to stay and has become a seasoned expert in their field and is ranked in the top ten for Twitter followers growth.
On an average day 1700 candidates register and 800 CVs are viewed - 47% of people registering leave their CV for recruiters to see.
Throughout this article we've included our 10 Top Tips to enable you to get the most out of TipTopJob - make sure you get the best out of this website and find your dream job!
How to Search on TipTopJob to Find the Best UK Jobs
- Being a well-established job board TipTopJob is easy to search by job title, sector or location. In addition, you can refine the search by adding in key words to ensure the results are accurate.
- Top Tip #1: The fastest search is on the homepage - simply insert the job title or type, the location and country, press the search button and a list of jobs will appear.
- Top Tip #2: Whilst on the homepage and as part of the search box there is a 'more job search options' link, where you can include more parameters like key words or boolean search terms like exact phrases, etc.
- Conventional searches will yield a list of vacancies with the job title, location, salary, job type - permanent or temporary, when posted and the recruiter's name.
- Click on the job title and you will get a more detailed description of the role. It's easy to apply at the bottom by providing your email address and country of residence. Click the 'apply now' button and you will be taken to the next page that requests your CV and Cover Letter.
- Top Tip #3: To eliminate daily searching an email alert can be set up. Click the 'Email' top menu on the homepage and answer the questions for your required role, then register, and daily email alerts will be delivered automatically.
- Top Tip #4: Uploading your CV or resume can be simply done by clicking the 'Upload CV' button on the homepage top menu. You can then recall it to apply for jobs after registration or it can be read by recruiters searching for a suitable applicant.
- Top Tip #5: In the unlikely event there aren't many jobs for your particular sector displayed after you've refined your search, then try CV-Library or Reed or TotalJobs.
Making Job Applications
- Once you have the job description in front of you there will always be an 'apply now' button at the bottom - click this to be taken to the automated system that allows you to select or upload a CV.
- You can register upfront without applying for a job via the homepage 'Register' top menu entry. Once registered you can use all the functions including tracking applications.
- Most jobs give you the option of including cover letter or there is a box where you can type or paste in the text. This is much more professional than simply saying 'here's my CV'.
- Top Tip #6: Don't treat it as 'optional', to make your application stand out you must either upload a cover letter or fill in the box for a cover letter - this notifies the recipient, recruiter or employer that you are committed to your application rather than just clicking on everything!
- Top Tip #7: Always upload a killer cover letter that clearly states why you are the best applicant for the job; this is both protocol and courtesy. In addition a properly written letter will warm up the reader before they look at your CV.
- Do you need a great CV and cover letter? Bradley CVs professional CV writing service will help you, as they have the experience and expertise to expertly produce a distinctive CV that will make you stand head and shoulders above your rival job-seekers.
Why set up email alerts from TipTopJob?
- Clearly this is a time-saver! However make sure you spend the required time on stating what you want to be alerted about. If not, you will be bombarded with irrelevant emails daily that you will get fed up with and eventually cancel!
- Top Tip #8: Steal a march on your competitor applicants - either give yourself time to prepare your CV or get your application in today to beat everyone else.
Why Upload Your CV to www.tiptopjob.com?
- Before uploading your CV take the time to make sure it is competitive, if you don't know how, then a free CV review by Bradley CVs can make a massive difference.
- Once you are assured your CV will be well received for the job or jobs that you intend to apply for, you can then upload it for recruiters to see. Doing this with an ineffective CV is very damaging as recruiters have good memories and even if you change it they will remember the original!
- Top Tip #9: Uploading your CV means that you can apply more quickly for jobs on tiptopjob.com and won't need to keep repeating your personal details for every application or supply a CV each time.
- Top Tip #10: Don't expect an uploaded CV to necessarily land you a job in itself - still keep applying for job vacancies yourself. Don't expect the phone to ring 10 times every night with recruiters clamouring to help you!
Other Resources on TipTopJob
- There are a lot of extra and helpful resources on the homepage. Career Centre services and general information can all be accessed by the top menu on the homepage
- The Career Centre includes topics like interview techniques, job searching help, recruitment tests, training and development to name a few.
- There is also a useful Career Clinic and bookshop under the Career Centre menu - this has a whole host of relevant questions and answers related to applying for a new position.
|URL for job seekers|
|Type of site||Generalist job site covering multiple sectors in the UK and overseas.|
|Specific job sectors covered||
|Geographical coverage||UK and Worldwide|
|Number of jobs on the site||500,000 worldwide jobs|
|Jobs by email||Yes|
|Can you upload your CV||Yes|