Should you visit Australian job board JobServe?
This jobs' site offers 27 employment categories and location searches in Australia and certain countries abroad.
Read on to learn how to get the most out of this site, whether you're already living in Australia or thinking of moving their temporarily or permanently. A link to JobServe is include further down the page, so you can find out about it, before visiting it.
How to Search For Australian Jobs
- You can choose from either a quick search, which although simple, returns jobs from across the nation, or more complex search processes, which are more closely targeted.
- On the home page, you can initiate the Quick Search that takes in industry, keywords, locations and job types (permanent, contract, part-time, temporary or seasonal) and advert age.
- The Power Search allows you a few extra search parameters: you can select either recruiters / agencies or employers or both; a radius around your location, salary or an hourly rate, plus employers who consider visas or offer sponsorship (both crucial if you want to emigrate to Australia).
- The Jobs by Industry search allows you to search for all jobs within a certain type of industry - there are 21 categories that they use.
- The Jobs by Location search allows you to search for all jobs within a particular location / country.
- Search History remembers the searches that you have previously run, so that you can quickly run them again.
Applying For Jobs on JobServe
- You don't need to register when you apply for jobs through JobServe's own website, which is unusual, as most job boards expect you to register before you can make an application.
- When you click on the apply button for an advertised job, you'll need to fill in their form, which is then sent directly to the employer or agency that posted the job advert.
- You need to enter your email address, tell them why you are qualified to work in Australia and attach a resume. You'll also need to attach a cover letter or fill in their template cover letter. To get a better CV / resume and cover letter, please see our CV writing service.
- There is some optional information that you can fill in (if you want to), including your name, address, phone numbers, availability, salary requirements and distance you are prepared to travel.
Is it Worth Registering on JobServe Australia?
- Register and you can receive results via the website, email, SMS text messaging or an RSS feed.
- Registering enables you to manage your job search, applications and responses. You can develop your search requirements to a more refined level, although this process is rather complex for the average user.
- You can specify your location and the radius within which you wish to search. This is logical, but the effect upon search results seems to be inconsistent - practise is needed here.
- More helpfully, registration enables you to upload multiple versions of your resume and save search criteria for subsequent use.
|URL for job seekers||https://www.jobserve.com/au/en/Job-Search/|
|Type of site||Generalist|
|Specific job sectors covered||
|Number of jobs on the site||400 - 1000 (depends on time of year, as a lot of work is seasonal in Australia)|
|Jobs by email||Yes|
|Can you upload your CV / resume||Yes|
Information For Recruiters / Employers:
- JobServe's basic service includes advertising your vacancies on the site, emailing them to suitable candidates, offering you a searchable CV database and giving your company profile on the site within the Recruiter Directory. To post a job costs £120 for a one week job and £299 for 30 days. https://www.jobserve.com/au/en/employers/products
- JobServe is willing to share its cutting-edge technology with you - the search engine and RSS feeds can be added to your own web site.
- As an account holder, you can log in using your company's account number and password. Alternatively, you can set up individual user accounts, which offer a more personalised service. More benefits are promised in the future.
- The JobServe offering is that they will take care in classifying your advert, just as resumes are carefully categorised, so that searches by recruiter or job seekers are as accurate as possible.
- You can also target your ideal candidates with emails or banner adverts or access their CV / resume database from £198 per month, which gives you access to 200 CV / resumes per month.
- Other features include distributing your job advert through their network of job sites, featured jobs where they make your jobs more visible to job seekers, and both national and international promotion.