Supporting Statements and Personal Statements (from £197)
Supporting Statements or Personal Statements or Motivation Letters can be part of an application form or a free-standing document.
Either way it is critical that they are not written in a generic fashion and ideally must mirror the requirements of the role being applied for and focus on why you should be invited to an interview, in terms of portable skills and expertise - they must also work in tandem with professional CVs (if you are asked to submit a CV).
They are far more challenging to compose than a standard cover letter. Graduate first-time jobs often require one of these statements and frequently will have a word-count limit to compound the difficulty in writing an effective one.
In short they can be a real pain to put together!
Fear not though, Bradley CVs are very experienced at this type of challenge.
If you are applying for a specific job, it will help us if you can supply the Person Specification and Job Description. This will help us to fully understand the skill implications.
We will spend some time on the phone with you seeking examples of how you may have deployed your skills successfully at work or in your studies.
What challenges may you face producing your own Supporting or Personal Statement?
- Be prepared to devote sufficient time to the task.
- It will probably take you all day to create an effective document.
- What you produce could cost you an interview if it is not up to par.
- As already mentioned writing effectively up to a specific word count is very challenging.
- Will you be able to portray the appropriate picture that will motivate the reader and secure you that vital interview?
- Is all of the above worth risking if you try it yourself - after all you encountered problems when producing your CV.
To produce an effective and accurate statement takes time and expertise. The cost will depend on whether we are also producing a professional CV for you at the same time or whether you are ordering it as a standalone document.
Other pages you can visit:
- CV Services - want to improve your CV? Our CV services can significantly increase the number of job interviews you win.
- FREE Report: How to dramatically improve your CV / resume
- Application Forms or MBA Application Form Completion Service
- Supporting Statements and Personal Statements
- LinkedIn Profiles
- Contact us
- Free CV Review
- Why choose Bradley CVs?
- Interview Guarantee
- Ordering a CV
- Compare our different CV service products
- Covering letters
- Customer Reviews
- Example CV (a before and after case study)
- Sample CV (a further before and after case study)
- Manager CV sample (for a senior manager or director)
- Example student / graduate CV
- Another CV Example
- Example CVs and resumes on BradleyCVs.co.uk
- CV writers